Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Ossie and his friends go to the circus (unfinished)


The friends were singing and dancing Pavel’s song when they hear a new voice form outside the cage.
Ellie held the cage door open, and Pavel perched on Donny’s back.
“La la la la la,” sang the new friend.

“Who are you?” said Ossie.
“I’m Rocky the raccoon. Who are you?”
“I’m Ossie. The big elephant is Ellie, the little donkey is Donny, the squawking parrot is Pavel, and Kiki, the cuckoo, is perching in Pavel’s cage because we are going to the circus.”
“If we leave now, no one will notice,” said Ellie.
“Where are we going?” said Donny. “I can’t remember.”
“We’re going to the circus,” said Ossie. 
“Can I go with you?” Rocky the raccoon wanted to know.
“I suppose so,” said Ossie. "Where do you come from?”
I don’t come from India or Peru. I come from the Rocky Mountains.”
“I don’t believe you,” said Donny. "Where are the mountains? Are they in Wales?"
"No," said Rocky. "They are in Canada."
"Where's Canada?"
The friends laughed at Donny. He was a bit silly and forgot things.
"In North America," they all shouted.
"I didn't know that," said Donny. "There are no mountains here."
But there are trees to climb," said Rocky. “See that tree over there?”
“Yes,” they all said.
“I can climb all the way up.”
“I don’t believe you,” said Ellie.
So Rocky climbed all the way up the tree.
“Come down. You’ll hurt yourself,” said Ossie. 
“I won’t. I climb everything all night.”
“I don’t believe you,” said Pavel. 
"Are there trees in Canada?" Donny asked.
Millions," said Rocky.
"Oooh," they all said.
“I sleep all day, when noisy singing doesn’t wake me,” said Rocky. “What’s in the bag, Donny?”
“Carrots.”
“If you don’t mind, I’ll get in and go back to sleep.”
The friends were so surprised that they just looked at the carrot bag.
Soon, snoring came out of the bag.
Rocky had gone back to sleep.
***
Let’s go to the circus now,” said Ossie. "We can take Rocky with us."
“It’s too far to fly. I’ll stay in Pavel’s cage,” said Kiki.
“You’d better sing like Pavel then,” said Ellie.
“I can sing like a cuckoo,” said Pavel. “Squawk! Squawk” .
“High-Low, High-Low! “ they all said and sang that song all the way to the circus.
But Rocky was not asleep all the time. Some of the time he was eating Donny's carrots.
Scrunch, scrunch.

The High-Low song

 High-low, high-low,
Going to the circus.
High-low, high-low,
We can sing a song.

Low-high, low-high,
Going to the circus,
Low-high, low-high,
Sing it all day long.




No comments:

Post a Comment