Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Getting to know you


“Where have you come from today,” Pavel asked.
“We have come from Donny’s farm,” said Ossie.
“I came from India," said Ellie, "But I live here at the zoo.”
“I haven’t seen you around,” said Pavel. “Do you like it here?”
“It’s OK,” said Ellie. “But India is nicer.”
“I come from Peru,” said Pavel. “That’s where all my friends are.”
“But we are your friends,” said Ossie. 
“I could fly everywhere in Peru,” said Pavel. “They don’t let me fly anywhere here.”
Donny and Ellie looked sad.
“You even have a cage up in the sky,” said Donny, who was not very clever.
“It isn’t a cage, it's the roof,” said Pavel.
They all thought about the cage with a roof.
“They need you here,” said Ellie. "You can't just fly away."
"I agree," said Donny.
***
"There's nothing to do here," said Ellie.
"What do you want to do, Ellie?" said Ossie.
"I want to stand on a big red ball in the circus," said Ellie.
"So do I," said Ossie, who thought that was a nice idea..
"You can't do that," said Ellie. "Not with those claws on your feet. You'd make holes in the ball."
***
"I've never seen an Ostrich in a circus," said Donny.
"I'm not just an ostrich. I'm Ossie."
“I want to fly around like Kiki,” said Pavel as he watched Kiki flying around.
“You can come for a walk with us,” said Donny.
“Do you know any going-for-a-walk songs, Pavel?” Ossie asked.
“Well, actually I do.”
“Will you sing us one?” said Ellie. “Then we can  practice walking together.”
“And flying,” said Kiki.
“I can’t fly,” said Ellie.
“Neither can I,” said Donny.
“Neither can I,” said Ossie sadly.
“But you have wings,” said Pavel.
“I’m too fat to fly,” said Ossie.
That made everyone laugh.
“I’ll invite our keeper to go with us,” said Donny.
“You don’t live here,” said Ellie. “You haven’t got a keeper.”
“I’ll find one,” said Donny.
“And I’ll sing a special song to welcome all my new friends,” said Pavel.

The Pavel  welcome song


I am Pavel from Peru, Pavel from Peru,
I am here to welcome you, Welcome to the zoo.
Welcome! Squawk! Squawk! Want to welcome you,
Welcome! Squawk! Squawk!  Welcome to the zoo.

In Peru it’s nice and warm, Sunshine all day long
In the zoo it’s cold and wet, But please sing my song!
“Welcome Pavel, we will sing your song,
Welcome, Pavel, sing it all day long.

Sing twice then this ending:
   Sing it all day, sing it all day, sing it all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment