Sunday, April 12, 2020

Ossie goes to the farm


Ossie goes to the farm


Let’s start with the Donny song:

Donny, that is my name,
Donny the donkey, how do you do?
He Haw He Haw, Hehaw, Hehaw, He Haw,
Singing with friends the whole day long,
Wouldn’t you like to sing my song?
He Haw He Haw, Hehaw, Hehaw, He Haw,

***
Now here's the story:
It was a very hot day.
Ellie did not like walking quickly.
Ossie did not like walking slowly.
Donny did not like walking at all, so he trotted instead.
Donny was faster than Ellie and Ossie.
“Come on, you two!” he called. “You’re too slow!”
“I’m waiting for Ellie,” said Ossie.
“Cuckoo! Cuckoo!” they  heard someone calling..
“Who’s that?” said Ellie.
“That’s Kiki, the cuckoo. Don’t you know her?” said Ossie.
“Cuckoo, Cuckoo!” said Kiki and landed on Ellie’s head.
Ossie and Donny laughed.
“You look silly with a cuckoo on your head,” said Donny. “Walk faster, Ellie! Then Kiki will fall off.” 
So Ellie ran faster and faster.
But Kiki did not fall off!
Ellie ran so fast that Ossie almost flew along Donny’s road, but Donny was even faster.
“I’m too big to fly,” said Ossie.
“But you can flap your wings,” said Kiki. "I saw that."
***
Kiki enjoyed the ride on Ellie’s head.
Then Ellie stopped suddenly and Kiki fell off Ellie’s head and had to fly after all.
Ellie, Ossie and Donny all laughed and I can hear you laughing, too.
***
“Go home, Kiki,” said Ossie. "You're making me nervous."
“No. I’m staying,” said Kiki the cuckoo.
“Be nice to Ellie and you can stay,” said Donny.
"You were sitting on her head," said Ossie.
"Was I?" said Kiki. "Cuckoo! Cuckoo!" How are you?" 

The Ellie Song

I am Ellie the elephant,
Ellie, Ellie, Ellie, Ellie the elephant.
I am Ellie the elephant,
Ellie, Ellie, Ellie, Ellie the elephant.
Came here from India,
Where it’s sunny, but very far,
Came here from India,
Came to be with you!

“That was nice,” said Kiki. I’m sorry if I was heavy on your head.”
“That’s alright,” said Ellie. “Let’s be friends.”
***
At the farm, Donny showed his friends the field where he lived with Milly,  his donkey friend and two horses.
“There are leaves on the trees and worms in the ground,” said Donny. “Help yourselves!”
Kiki was not hungry, so she perched on a fence until the three friends had eaten enough.
***
“This is my home,” said Donny. “You can live here, too.”
Farmer Fred came running to the field.
“What did you say, Donny?”
“My friends can stay here, can’t they?”
“No! Go away!” Farmer Fred said. “You can’t stay here.”
“If they go, I go,” said Donny.
“Take your donkey friend with you then,” said Farmer Fred.
Milly was not very happy about leaving. Farmer Fred gave her carrots. Who would give her carrots if she went away?
“We’ll take the  carrots with us,” said Donny.
“Where are we going?” said Ossie.
“We’ll go to Ellie’s zoo,” said Donny. “There are always carrots at the zoo.”
“What about me?” said Ossie.
“Zoos have worms, too,” said Donny, who knew all about everything.
***
Milly took the big bag of carrots from Farmer Fred and after Ellie had opened the gate with her trunk, they all trotted out of Donny’s field and started walking.
But Milly changed her mind.
"I'm not going with you," she said. "You can carry the carrots, Donny, I'm going back home."
Donny was sad that Milly did not want to go to the zoo.
"Never mind, Donny," said Ossie. There'll be other donkeys at the zoo."
"Are you sure?" said Donny.
"Of course I'm sure," said Ossie.
The three friends waved to Milly as she trotted back to the farm.
***
The three friends walked along Donny’s road.
"Wait for me!" shouted Kiki. "I'm coming, too."
"We thought you were asleep," said Ossie.
"I was."
***
“We go that way,” called Ellie, pointing with her trunk.
“You can ride on my back if you are still tired, Kiki,” said Ossie.
“Thank you,” said Kiki.
Follow me!” said Ellie, and they all went to the zoo singing the ‘let’s all sing together‘ song.

The let’s all sing together song

Let us sing together, together, together,
Let us sing together,. Let’s all sing a song.
Marching in the sunshine, the sunshine, the sunshine,
Marching in the sunshine. Marching up and down.
And if it is raining, is raining, is raining,
And if it is raining, and it’s very wet.
There’s a lot of water, of water, of water,
There’s a lot of water, and it’s very wet,
Let us sing together, together, together,
Let us sing together,. Let’s all sing a song.

But it was a long way, so the friends decided to have a sleep.

Next time, I’ll tell you what happened next!

No comments:

Post a Comment